Saint Peter's University is involved in several reciprocal borrowing programs, each applying to different institutions and open to different patron groups.
METRO Referral Card Program
All Saint Peter's students, faculty, and staff
VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Program
All Saint Peter's graduate students, doctoral students, and faculty
Jesuit Library Passport
All Saint Peter's faculty
Patrons must comply with the lending library’s policies and return all borrow items directly to the lending library.
Overdue fines, replacement and processing fees are patrons' own responsibility.
All Saint Peter's students, faculty, and staff may use the onsite resources of METRO (New York City area) Library Consortium members, such as libraries of Columbia University, NYU, CUNY, etc.. For the complete list of participating libraries, please check METRO Member Directory.
1. Obtain a Blue or Yellow Referral Card from our Library Reference Desk, before visiting other METRO members. Certain member institutions, like NYU's Bobst Library, only accept the Yellow Referral Cards.
2. Present the referral card along with your Saint Peter's photo ID at the lending library.
Under the VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement, Saint Peter's faculty, graduate students and doctoral students are eligible for onsite borrowing privileges at other VALE member libraries, such as Rutgers, NJIT, Seton Hall University, etc.
1. Consult the list of VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Participating Libraries for Faculty and Staff or the list for Graduate Students to determine if you qualify for onsite borrowing privileges at the library you are interested in visiting.
2. Print and fill out the VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Application Form. Hard copy is available at reference desk, upon request.
3. Contact a reference librarian to verify your standing and sign the form.
4. Present the signed application form along with Saint Peter's photo ID at the participating library’s circulation desk. You will be issued borrowing privileges and/or a guest borrower card. Privileges are for one academic year and expire June 30th.
To renew your borrowing privileges, you must present a new application form signed by a librarian.
(The above information is based on the Reciprocal Borrowing Instruction provided by VALE ).
Saint Peter's faculty members have onsite borrowing privileges at all 28 Jesuit institutions in the United States.
For the complete list of participating libraries, please check AJCU 28 Jesuit colleges and universities.
1. Complete a Direct Reciprocal Library Borrower Form for AJCU Faculty at the Reference Desk of Saint Peter's University Library .
2. Present this signed form, along with your Saint Peter's photo ID, at the lending library.